FOCUS GROUP CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT
By my signature below, I hereby agree to maintain the confidentiality of information disclosed during focus group or interview sessions (“Focus Group”) observed live, recorded, or in any other manner as follows:
- Definition - For purposes hereof, “Confidential Information” shall mean information or material obtained or observed while attending a Focus Group session conducted by or for the benefit of the recipient hereof. By example and without limitation, Confidential Information includes:
- Any information about any participant in the Focus Group (“Respondent”) that is not currently in the public domain or readily available to the public.
- Also included as confidential is any participant’s Respondent’s Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”). PII shall mean a person’s identity or information that might reasonably allow identification of the person.
- Any and all information concerning techniques, ideas, processes, trade secrets, innovations, discoveries, improvements, research or developments and test results, data, strategies, and forecasts. Information publicly known that is generally employed by the trade at or after the time the undersigned first learns of such information, or generic information or knowledge which the undersigned would have otherwise learned, shall not be deemed part of the Confidentiality Agreement.
- I shall at all times hold in trust, keep confidential and not disclose to any third party or make any use of the Confidential Information.
- I shall at all times hold in trust, keep confidential and not disclose to any third party or make any use of the identity or PII of any Respondent involved in the Focus Group.
- I will use commercially reasonable efforts to keep the Respondent CI and PII secure from any third party access.
- I will comply with all state, federal, and international statues and regulations governing privacy, data security and the use of PII. I will use this information only in the manner consented to by the Respondent, and not for non-research purposes unless explicit permission has been previously obtained from the Respondent.
- All notes, reference materials, memoranda, documentation and records in any way incorporating or reflecting any of the Confidential Information shall belong exclusively to Owner and the undersigned agrees to turn over all copies of such materials in the undersigned’s possession to Owner upon request.
- I understand that if I violate the above agreement, I will be subject to civil penalties and fines due to breach of contract.
In consideration of the fee paid to me, I do hereby agree to the above terms of this agreement.